Health insurance offered by different companies may vary slightly at certain levels but first it is important to make the choice as to what kind fits your requirements.
When we decide to buy a private health insurance the first few issues we have to confront are, “for whom do we need health insurance”, “how much health insurance will be enough” and “about how much can I afford to spend on it.” Instead of answering these questions first and then look for insurance you can even take the way round. Know what is available, see what they offer and then take decision. There are numerous options at hand to choose from.
The first choice to be made is between health insurance policy for family or separate health plan for everyone.
Family Floater Health Insurance
In a Family Floater, you decide for a sum assured for the family. That sum is available to all insured under the floater policy. It can be used by either or all the members insured up to the given sum insured. Premium depends upon the number of family members insured. A family floater can be taken for self and spouse, self, spouse and kids, self and kids and spouse and kids. Most companies don’t allow parents to be included.
• Reduced premium than in case of individual plans for everyone
• Availability for adequate sum assured
• Ideal for low risk young families
• All members covered in a single policy
• Being a single policy it is easier to manage
• Reduced cover available to other members in case of a claim
• Might not provide sufficient cover in case of multiple claims in a year
• Children can be covered in a floater policy only up to the a certain age, liberty insurance vietnam generally 18-25 years depending upon the company
• Anyone reaching the maximum renew up to age is excluded from the family floater and separate policies may have to be bought.
Individual Health Insurance
Individual health insuranceis, as the name suggests, taken for single individual. It can be bought for each family member separately. The sum insured in this case is available for the single person insured. Premium depends upon the age of the individual and sum insured. Each policy needs to be managed as a separate policy.
• It can be taken for every member of the family including for the parents
• It is ideal for high health risk families or the ones in higher age bracket where individual cover needs to be substantial
• The policy doesn’t lapse with one member reaching the maximum renewable age